On July 30th, 2021, the City of Kennewick will be switching to a new and improved permitting platform.
What this means for Fire Permit Applications & Inspections:
- During the transition, Fire permit application forms will still be available for you to use via our web portal. Our staff will review and approve plans and applications as quickly as we are able; however, please expect delays and plan for additional processing time for any applications submitted between August 1st and August 20th.
- Payments will not be processed between July 29 – August 8th. If possible, please pay for any permits already approved no later than July 28th to avoid any delays.
- Fire permit inspections will still proceed using the existing fire inspection request form.
- Anyone submitting a fire permit application in the new system will need to set up a ‘Citizen Self Serve’ account, information and instructions will be posted as soon as they are available and the new system has been implemented.
- The plan for using the new application system will begin the week of August 16th; at that time, application forms by any other means will no longer be accepted.
- Additional information will be provided as soon as it is available regarding the new system. Thank you for your patience as we make the needed upgrades to our system. The new system will greatly improve your online experience for submitting applications and tracking the status of your permits.
Source: City of Kennewick